Monday 8 September 2014

Woman 80s song

Текст песни



(текст песни №1)



I LIKE IT LIKE THIS I LIKE IT LIKE THIS



I'm a woman of the 80s, I'm fit and I'm strong



There ain't no situation where I don't belong



Too late for flowers too soon for pins (too soon for pins)



But I know where I'm heading and I like where I've been



And I swear I never really ever really get that lonely on Sundays



Well maybe, just a little, but I'm never really ever really gonna



Let myself CALL YOU UP!



Cos I'm not allowed to miss you and I'm not allowed to ring you



I'm a woman of the 80s, no fractures, no flaws,



But I miss you sometimes that's all



I'm a woman of the 80s, I'm single and I'm free



There ain't no complications between my lover and me



He's got my number and I've got his



And even though I MIGHT MISS HIM, I like it like this



INSTRUMENTAL



I'm a woman of the 80s, I'm fit and I'm strong



There ain't no situation where I don't belong



And I swear I never really ever really get that lonely on Sundays



80s Music / 80s song with no lyrics



Question



I can't get this 80s pop song out of my head. It's instrumental and just keeps repeating the same words once in a while that sound like "Don't drive drunk" or something.



Answer



Hi Matthew,



I think the song you're looking for may be "Don't Drive Drunk"www. youtube. com/watch? v=K0IhxqRzJgQ



Expertise



I can answer all questions related to hit songs and pop artists of the rock and roll era. My specialty is U. S. Billboard Top 40 chart history and one hit wonders from 1950's through the 90's. I can also research lyrics to songs. I am more knowledgeable in the area of pop and rock songs, but I am willing to research soul and country songs. I cannot answer questions relating to classical, jazz, or rap songs. Also, I'm not an expert on music videos.



Experience



I am an avid reader of Joel Whitburn Top 40 books and a collector of all pop and rock hit songs.



My educational credentials include a college degree in history and over twenty-five years of life experience as a fan of popular music.



(I Just) Died In Your Arms - Cutting Crew



Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now) - Phil Collins



All of My Heart - ABC



Moments In Love - Art Of Noise (moody soundscape, with various remixes up to 12 minutes in length)



Atomic - Blondie (time this one for a more upbeat moment: 'Uh-huh make me tonight/Oh, uh-huh make it magnificent/Tonight/Right.' Seduction at it's best)



Careless Whisper - George Michael (best line: because guilt feet have no rhythm)



Do That To Me One More Time - Captain & Tennille (for the woman who can't get enough)



Endless Love - Diana Ross & Lionel Richie



Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Power Of Love (great in-the-moment song)



Greatest Love Of All - Whitney Houston (arrrrgh)



Hello - Lionel Ritchie



I Just Called To Say I Love You - Stevie Wonder



Just Can't Get Enough - Depeche Mode (the mood of this song isn't exactly romantic, but maybe play it if you want a second round)



Lady In Red - Chris De Burgh (a song that makes men barf and women swoon)



Lady - Kenny Rogers



Lost In Love - Air Supply



Madness - It Must Be Love (a slightly upbeat song with a few too many appearances in advertising, but still valuable for it's romantic appeal)



Sexual Healing - Marvin Gaye



Slow Hand - Pointer Sisters (favourite lyric: slow hand/easy touch)



Take My Breath Away - Berlin



The Sweetest Taboo - Sade



Total Eclipse of the Heart - Bonnie Tyler (again, a bit upbeat for a romantic encounter but a great way to pick up the pace)



Up Where We Belong - Joe Cocker & Jennifer Warnes



Waiting For A Girl Like You - Foreigner (for when your hooker is running late)



Wind Beneath My Wings - Bette Midler (we advise against this one, in a cliche list even this is too cliched)



Woman in Love - Barbra Streisand



When is an 80s love song not a song about love?



While these songs are from the 80s, and sound like they are about love, but a closer listen will show they are not:



80s song with weather machine?



Follow publicly





Follow privately Unfollow



There was a rock video played on tv (ABC?) a few times in Australia during the? late 80s? The video featured a man and woman trying to reach a weather machine. If I remember the storyline in the video, the woman's father created the machine before he passed away. Now the woman and man are trying to get to it, but some "evil bad guys" are trying to stop them from switching it on.



Asker's Rating & Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment